Ask A Genius 229 – The Boomers and Xers
Scott Douglas Jacobsen & Rick Rosner
July 15, 2017
[Beginning of recorded material]
Rick Rosner: And then what comes after boomers, gen-x or I guess. Well, anyway people born from 1965 to 1980. And, those people will really, really benefit on a wide scale from extreme life extension. Where people born between ’65 and ’80 may be looking at 40 or 50 years or more of extended life beyond the average like 75, you are going to get a bunch of people in the 1965 to 1980 cohort living to at least 120 and possibly 140/150.
But that takes us to into the 2080’s and beyond. By the 2080’s we are well passed, if you believe in the singularity, which I think you shouldn’t entirely. The strong singularity believers believe that by 2040 that all questions will be answered thanks to AI.
[End of recorded material]
American Television Writer
Scott Douglas Jacobsen
Editor-in-Chief, In-Sight Publishing
 Four format points for the session article:
- Bold text following “Scott Douglas Jacobsen:” or “Jacobsen:” is Scott Douglas Jacobsen & non-bold text following “Rick Rosner:” or “Rosner:” is Rick Rosner.
- Session article conducted, transcribed, edited, formatted, and published by Scott.
- Footnotes & in-text citations in the interview & references after the interview.
- This session article has been edited for clarity and readability.
For further information on the formatting guidelines incorporated into this document, please see the following documents:
- American Psychological Association. (2010). Citation Guide: APA. Retrieved from http://www.lib.sfu.ca/system/files/28281/APA6CitationGuideSFUv3.pdf.
- Humble, A. (n.d.). Guide to Transcribing. Retrieved from http://www.msvu.ca/site/media/msvu/Transcription%20Guide.pdf.
License and Copyright
In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal by Scott Douglas Jacobsen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at www.in-sightjournal.com and www.rickrosner.org.
© Scott Douglas Jacobsen, Rick Rosner, and In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal 2012-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Scott Douglas Jacobsen, Rick Rosner, and In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.