Tragedy + Time = Comedy 51 – Things Guys Like (Part 1)
Scott Douglas Jacobsen & Rick Rosner
May 22, 2017
[Beginning of recorded material]
Rick Rosner: So in college, trying to become a better person, or at least a person worthy of being in a relationship, I took four women’s studies classes, which is almost enough for a minor – which, now that I say it, is quite inadequate.
I have been active in pro-feminist causes for the past 40 years. At the same time, later on, I wrote for The Man Show, which was a Comedy Central’s, Jimmy Kimmel’s, and Adam Carolla’s celebration of men as men.
While also being a swipe at men as men, people see the man show on its surface, by its recognized surface points of being about guys and what guys like, without realizing that it is subversive.
In that, it was making fun of what guys like. Now, it was probably or less successful in that than its surface characteristics because more people recognized The Man Show as a celebration of guy stuff, of guys drinking beer on TV, and women jumping on trampolines.
[End of recorded material]
American Television Writer
Scott Douglas Jacobsen
Editor-in-Chief, In-Sight Publishing
 Four format points for the session article:
- Bold text following “Scott Douglas Jacobsen:” or “Jacobsen:” is Scott Douglas Jacobsen & non-bold text following “Rick Rosner:” or “Rosner:” is Rick Rosner.
- Session article conducted, transcribed, edited, formatted, and published by Scott.
- Footnotes & in-text citations in the interview & references after the interview.
- This session article has been edited for clarity and readability.
For further information on the formatting guidelines incorporated into this document, please see the following documents:
- American Psychological Association. (2010). Citation Guide: APA. Retrieved from http://www.lib.sfu.ca/system/files/28281/APA6CitationGuideSFUv3.pdf.
- Humble, A. (n.d.). Guide to Transcribing. Retrieved from http://www.msvu.ca/site/media/msvu/Transcription%20Guide.pdf.
License and Copyright
In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal by Scott Douglas Jacobsen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at www.in-sightjournal.com and www.rickrosner.org.
© Scott Douglas Jacobsen, Rick Rosner, and In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal 2012-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Scott Douglas Jacobsen, Rick Rosner, and In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.