Ask A Genius 179 – Political Movements (Part 5)
Scott Douglas Jacobsen & Rick Rosner
May 26, 2017
[Beginning of recorded material]
Rosner: The people I follow who are doing this have specifically said, “Don’t – trolls aside – be this way when you’re communicating with me. Don’t mansplain at me. Here’s what mansplaining is. If you’re my friend, you won’t mansplain at me. Here’s what mansplaining is.”
Even though, they say, “Come on, this is what it is, stop doing it. Guys cannot stop themselves from doing it.”
Scott Douglas Jacobsen: Because they’re people and people explain things to one another.
Rosner: Yea, but mansplaining is, I think, when you explain something that either doesn’t need to be explained or should be obvious to the person who is being explained at. It’s like my mother-in-law explains at me and anyone around her.
[End of recorded material]
American Television Writer
Scott Douglas Jacobsen
Editor-in-Chief, In-Sight Publishing
 Four format points for the session article:
- Bold text following “Scott Douglas Jacobsen:” or “Jacobsen:” is Scott Douglas Jacobsen & non-bold text following “Rick Rosner:” or “Rosner:” is Rick Rosner.
- Session article conducted, transcribed, edited, formatted, and published by Scott.
- Footnotes & in-text citations in the interview & references after the interview.
- This session article has been edited for clarity and readability.
For further information on the formatting guidelines incorporated into this document, please see the following documents:
- American Psychological Association. (2010). Citation Guide: APA. Retrieved from http://www.lib.sfu.ca/system/files/28281/APA6CitationGuideSFUv3.pdf.
- Humble, A. (n.d.). Guide to Transcribing. Retrieved from http://www.msvu.ca/site/media/msvu/Transcription%20Guide.pdf.
License and Copyright
In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal by Scott Douglas Jacobsen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at www.in-sightjournal.com and www.rickrosner.org.
© Scott Douglas Jacobsen, Rick Rosner, and In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal 2012-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Scott Douglas Jacobsen, Rick Rosner, and In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.