Ask A Genius 182 – Gender Equity and Similarity (Part 2)
Scott Douglas Jacobsen & Rick Rosner
May 29, 2017
[Beginning of recorded material]
Rick Rosner: Nobody – I don’t think – or most feminisms are not wedded to the idea of ungendered upbringings or some natural state of ungenderedness, which is only formed via exposure to a sexist culture.
That is an old debunked thing that nobody is arguing about now. That gets brought up by anti-feminists to show that feminism is pursuing some creepy ass agenda. And nah! I don’t think so. People tried it a little bit.
Some people, they found out that people are gendered. That working to treat people as if they’re ungendered or to make them ungendered is not the agenda of feminism, but anti-feminists treat it as it is – as if everyone would walk around in the same jump suit.
Heaven forbid if you wear high heels and lipstick. That’s not feminism. That’s an unfair characterization of it, I think.
[End of recorded material]
American Television Writer
Scott Douglas Jacobsen
Editor-in-Chief, In-Sight Publishing
 Four format points for the session article:
- Bold text following “Scott Douglas Jacobsen:” or “Jacobsen:” is Scott Douglas Jacobsen & non-bold text following “Rick Rosner:” or “Rosner:” is Rick Rosner.
- Session article conducted, transcribed, edited, formatted, and published by Scott.
- Footnotes & in-text citations in the interview & references after the interview.
- This session article has been edited for clarity and readability.
For further information on the formatting guidelines incorporated into this document, please see the following documents:
- American Psychological Association. (2010). Citation Guide: APA. Retrieved from http://www.lib.sfu.ca/system/files/28281/APA6CitationGuideSFUv3.pdf.
- Humble, A. (n.d.). Guide to Transcribing. Retrieved from http://www.msvu.ca/site/media/msvu/Transcription%20Guide.pdf.
License and Copyright
In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal by Scott Douglas Jacobsen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at www.in-sightjournal.com and www.rickrosner.org.
© Scott Douglas Jacobsen, Rick Rosner, and In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal 2012-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Scott Douglas Jacobsen, Rick Rosner, and In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.