Ask A Genius 184 – Academic Political Views (Part 2)
Scott Douglas Jacobsen & Rick Rosner
May 31, 2017
[Beginning of recorded material]
Scott Douglas Jacobsen: That influences the research questions. So if someone wants a research question or if someone wants to pitch a research question to a Bachelor’s Honor’s or thesis advisor, and if you were an instructor or tenured professor, who would you more likely want someone under you with regards to research: someone with a topic in line with your expertise or not in line with your expertise, knowing your topics will lean more Left-Liberal, even Marxist?
Rosner: Yes, the political landscape means the people who are conservative on campus as opposed to quietly conservative. There is a certain Ann Coulterishness among active conservatives that is an obnoxious torchbearer attitude among a lot of conservatives.
An anger at their underrepresentation and an eagerness to piss people off via taking aggressive stances.
[End of recorded material]
American Television Writer
Scott Douglas Jacobsen
Editor-in-Chief, In-Sight Publishing
 Four format points for the session article:
- Bold text following “Scott Douglas Jacobsen:” or “Jacobsen:” is Scott Douglas Jacobsen & non-bold text following “Rick Rosner:” or “Rosner:” is Rick Rosner.
- Session article conducted, transcribed, edited, formatted, and published by Scott.
- Footnotes & in-text citations in the interview & references after the interview.
- This session article has been edited for clarity and readability.
For further information on the formatting guidelines incorporated into this document, please see the following documents:
- American Psychological Association. (2010). Citation Guide: APA. Retrieved from http://www.lib.sfu.ca/system/files/28281/APA6CitationGuideSFUv3.pdf.
- Humble, A. (n.d.). Guide to Transcribing. Retrieved from http://www.msvu.ca/site/media/msvu/Transcription%20Guide.pdf.
License and Copyright
In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal by Scott Douglas Jacobsen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at www.in-sightjournal.com and www.rickrosner.org.
© Scott Douglas Jacobsen, Rick Rosner, and In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal 2012-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Scott Douglas Jacobsen, Rick Rosner, and In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.