Tragedy + Time = Comedy 56 – IMDB, Online Resume
Scott Douglas Jacobsen & Rick Rosner
July 1, 2017
[Beginning of recorded material]
Rick Rosner: They fed us before and after the presentation [Laughing]. It was awesome in addition to the awesomeness of the show. There’s also IMDB. Everyone should know about IMDB because it is a huge inside semi-joke.
IMDB is your online resume. It is supposed to list your TV and movie credits, and podcasts. When you meet somebody who works in entertainment, you surreptitiously IMDB them to see what they’ve done.
That’s how you get to know somebody who you shouldn’t otherwise know in the industry, which everyone does. So there’s that. One more thing! The Guild wages in TV are pretty good. Thousands of dollars per week.
But! That sounds great. The minimum for selling a movie script. It has to be like $80,000 or $100,000, which sounds like everybody is swimming in money. But that is because everybody is mostly not working. There 8,000 people in the Guild, probably a little more and so maybe 9,000 now.
There are 4,000 jobs at any given year. Only 4,000 out of the 9,000 people only work in any given year. So the wages are high to get you through the times when you don’t work. I worked for nearly 12 years straight.
But I have been out of work for nearly 3 years.
[End of recorded material]
American Television Writer
Scott Douglas Jacobsen
Editor-in-Chief, In-Sight Publishing
 Four format points for the session article:
- Bold text following “Scott Douglas Jacobsen:” or “Jacobsen:” is Scott Douglas Jacobsen & non-bold text following “Rick Rosner:” or “Rosner:” is Rick Rosner.
- Session article conducted, transcribed, edited, formatted, and published by Scott.
- Footnotes & in-text citations in the interview & references after the interview.
- This session article has been edited for clarity and readability.
For further information on the formatting guidelines incorporated into this document, please see the following documents:
- American Psychological Association. (2010). Citation Guide: APA. Retrieved from http://www.lib.sfu.ca/system/files/28281/APA6CitationGuideSFUv3.pdf.
- Humble, A. (n.d.). Guide to Transcribing. Retrieved from http://www.msvu.ca/site/media/msvu/Transcription%20Guide.pdf.
License and Copyright
In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal by Scott Douglas Jacobsen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at www.in-sightjournal.com and www.rickrosner.org.
© Scott Douglas Jacobsen, Rick Rosner, and In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal 2012-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Scott Douglas Jacobsen, Rick Rosner, and In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.