Ask A Genius 189 – Academic Political Views (Part 7)
Scott Douglas Jacobsen & Rick Rosner
June 5, 2017
[Beginning of recorded material]
Eventually, America may have to confront dumb attitudes that are reflexively opposed to any kind of sharing because that going against their idea of us as being rugged individualists, self-sufficient – and which is contradicted by actual conditions.
Which is that the Red States, the states most likely to hate the idea of a Nanny State or a Welfare State are the ones that take the most money from the government per capita. This is the thing that everybody or people have known for decades now.
If they haven’t known, they should know that the states that bitch and moan – the Southern states like Montana and Idaho or states that consistently vote red – more consistently get more money back from the government than they contribute, in social programs than they give in taxes.
Whereas the Blue States like California and New York give more in taxes than they give back, so we have a sharing economy whether we like to admit it or not.
[End of recorded material]
American Television Writer
Scott Douglas Jacobsen
Editor-in-Chief, In-Sight Publishing
 Four format points for the session article:
- Bold text following “Scott Douglas Jacobsen:” or “Jacobsen:” is Scott Douglas Jacobsen & non-bold text following “Rick Rosner:” or “Rosner:” is Rick Rosner.
- Session article conducted, transcribed, edited, formatted, and published by Scott.
- Footnotes & in-text citations in the interview & references after the interview.
- This session article has been edited for clarity and readability.
For further information on the formatting guidelines incorporated into this document, please see the following documents:
- American Psychological Association. (2010). Citation Guide: APA. Retrieved from http://www.lib.sfu.ca/system/files/28281/APA6CitationGuideSFUv3.pdf.
- Humble, A. (n.d.). Guide to Transcribing. Retrieved from http://www.msvu.ca/site/media/msvu/Transcription%20Guide.pdf.
License and Copyright
In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal by Scott Douglas Jacobsen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at www.in-sightjournal.com and www.rickrosner.org.
© Scott Douglas Jacobsen, Rick Rosner, and In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal 2012-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Scott Douglas Jacobsen, Rick Rosner, and In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.