Ask A Genius 224 – Evolution of Philosophical View
Scott Douglas Jacobsen & Rick Rosner
July 10, 2017
[Beginning of recorded material]
Scott Douglas Jacobsen: So, how has your philosophical view evolved? Because we’ve talked about growing up as Jewish and not really questioning things, but also thinking of some of the stuff as not necessarily true.
Rick Rosner: The Jewish have much to do with my philosophy about the nature of the universe. I mean I had various earlier philosophical views but they weren’t very sophisticated. They were little kid views.
Like one thing was, I was nerdy and bad on the play-ground and bad at sports and I understood that this was fitting but I didn’t like it because the Declaration of Independence says that all men are created equal.
I mean I was seven years old, but I took that to mean that I was good in school but there had to be a countervailing bad thing so everybody pretty much equalled out. So like, my being good in the classroom was countervailed by being terrible socially.
[End of recorded material]
American Television Writer
Scott Douglas Jacobsen
Editor-in-Chief, In-Sight Publishing
 Four format points for the session article:
- Bold text following “Scott Douglas Jacobsen:” or “Jacobsen:” is Scott Douglas Jacobsen & non-bold text following “Rick Rosner:” or “Rosner:” is Rick Rosner.
- Session article conducted, transcribed, edited, formatted, and published by Scott.
- Footnotes & in-text citations in the interview & references after the interview.
- This session article has been edited for clarity and readability.
For further information on the formatting guidelines incorporated into this document, please see the following documents:
- American Psychological Association. (2010). Citation Guide: APA. Retrieved from http://www.lib.sfu.ca/system/files/28281/APA6CitationGuideSFUv3.pdf.
- Humble, A. (n.d.). Guide to Transcribing. Retrieved from http://www.msvu.ca/site/media/msvu/Transcription%20Guide.pdf.
License and Copyright
In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal by Scott Douglas Jacobsen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at www.in-sightjournal.com and www.rickrosner.org.
© Scott Douglas Jacobsen, Rick Rosner, and In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal 2012-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Scott Douglas Jacobsen, Rick Rosner, and In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.