Ask A Genius 246 – 205 and 199, and Renorming
Scott Douglas Jacobsen & Rick Rosner
August 1, 2017
[Beginning of recorded material]
Scott Douglas Jacobsen: And if you take the Betts listing and the one test that they do take into account to decide your score in ranking from it, Evangelos scored 205 on SD16 on a test by the Cerebrals Society, which was a nonverbal, and therefore a culture fair test.
You scored 199 on SD16, so… but his is nonverbal. Your 199 was verbal. Was it not?
Rick Rosner: I don’t know. I would have to look up the whole deal. And some of these scores are based on, these high-end tests get re-normed a lot.
So, as the people who make the test to get more results and do more statistical work, which itself maybe – I mean most of these people aren’t psycho-metricians or statisticians.
[End of recorded material]
American Television Writer
Scott Douglas Jacobsen
Editor-in-Chief, In-Sight Publishing
 Four format points for the session article:
- Bold text following “Scott Douglas Jacobsen:” or “Jacobsen:” is Scott Douglas Jacobsen & non-bold text following “Rick Rosner:” or “Rosner:” is Rick Rosner.
- Session article conducted, transcribed, edited, formatted, and published by Scott.
- Footnotes & in-text citations in the interview & references after the interview.
- This session article has been edited for clarity and readability.
For further information on the formatting guidelines incorporated into this document, please see the following documents:
- American Psychological Association. (2010). Citation Guide: APA. Retrieved from http://www.lib.sfu.ca/system/files/28281/APA6CitationGuideSFUv3.pdf.
- Humble, A. (n.d.). Guide to Transcribing. Retrieved from http://www.msvu.ca/site/media/msvu/Transcription%20Guide.pdf.
License and Copyright
In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal by Scott Douglas Jacobsen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at www.in-sightjournal.com and www.rickrosner.org.
© Scott Douglas Jacobsen, Rick Rosner, and In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal 2012-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Scott Douglas Jacobsen, Rick Rosner, and In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.