Ask A Genius 248 – Magnus
Scott Douglas Jacobsen & Rick Rosner
August 3, 2017
[Beginning of recorded material]
Rick Rosner: So, you could argue that there are a huge practice effect and a huge determination in the diligence. So, I mean the whole thing is arbitrary again in the same way that when, if you have ever watched the world’s strongest man, see a bunch of guys who weigh anywhere from 280 to 400 pounds doing various things that take tremendous strength.
Lifting stone balls that are two feet in diameter. Pushing 800-pound truck tires that are 10 feet in diameter, end over end. Racing while towing a semi that might go for I don’t know 10,000 pounds. And there are different people win different events.
There’s no world’s strongest man whose won that thing eight years in a row, I don’t think, maybe there is. His name is probably something Scandinavian-like, the name Magnus Carlson comes to mind.
[End of recorded material]
American Television Writer
Scott Douglas Jacobsen
Editor-in-Chief, In-Sight Publishing
 Four format points for the session article:
- Bold text following “Scott Douglas Jacobsen:” or “Jacobsen:” is Scott Douglas Jacobsen & non-bold text following “Rick Rosner:” or “Rosner:” is Rick Rosner.
- Session article conducted, transcribed, edited, formatted, and published by Scott.
- Footnotes & in-text citations in the interview & references after the interview.
- This session article has been edited for clarity and readability.
For further information on the formatting guidelines incorporated into this document, please see the following documents:
- American Psychological Association. (2010). Citation Guide: APA. Retrieved from http://www.lib.sfu.ca/system/files/28281/APA6CitationGuideSFUv3.pdf.
- Humble, A. (n.d.). Guide to Transcribing. Retrieved from http://www.msvu.ca/site/media/msvu/Transcription%20Guide.pdf.
License and Copyright
In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal by Scott Douglas Jacobsen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at www.in-sightjournal.com and www.rickrosner.org.
© Scott Douglas Jacobsen, Rick Rosner, and In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal 2012-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Scott Douglas Jacobsen, Rick Rosner, and In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.