Ask A Genius 257 – Communists and Hollywood
Scott Douglas Jacobsen & Rick Rosner
August 12, 2017
[Beginning of recorded material]
Rick Rosner: Communists had some success in infiltrating Hollywood, getting some projects made that were very pro soviet. At the same time, there were a lot of people who got up in Hollywood communism because it looked like a good way to get laid.
The women that you’d meet at commie parties in Hollywood tended to be I guess looser than other women and so a lot of people would attend these functions just to hook up or have a shot at hooking up. In any case, that was 80 years ago. But—Russia’s greatest success in infiltrating America is now.
They have fucked up our political system, or taken a situation that was already leaning towards the fucked up and you know, doubled the fucked upness. And conservatives are—well, not exactly conservatives, but staunch Fox news viewing Republicans and Fox news pundits are falling all over themselves to explain how Russia’s involvement isn’t that big a deal.
But we have the worst bunch of yahoos holding national office. And well, since the gilded age, and possibly, all of American history. That’s it.
[End of recorded material]
American Television Writer
Scott Douglas Jacobsen
Editor-in-Chief, In-Sight Publishing
 Four format points for the session article:
- Bold text following “Scott Douglas Jacobsen:” or “Jacobsen:” is Scott Douglas Jacobsen & non-bold text following “Rick Rosner:” or “Rosner:” is Rick Rosner.
- Session article conducted, transcribed, edited, formatted, and published by Scott.
- Footnotes & in-text citations in the interview & references after the interview.
- This session article has been edited for clarity and readability.
For further information on the formatting guidelines incorporated into this document, please see the following documents:
- American Psychological Association. (2010). Citation Guide: APA. Retrieved from http://www.lib.sfu.ca/system/files/28281/APA6CitationGuideSFUv3.pdf.
- Humble, A. (n.d.). Guide to Transcribing. Retrieved from http://www.msvu.ca/site/media/msvu/Transcription%20Guide.pdf.
License and Copyright
In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal by Scott Douglas Jacobsen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at www.in-sightjournal.com and www.rickrosner.org.
© Scott Douglas Jacobsen, Rick Rosner, and In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal 2012-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Scott Douglas Jacobsen, Rick Rosner, and In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.