Ask A Genius 259 – Necessity of Long-Term Thinking (2)
Scott Douglas Jacobsen & Rick Rosner
August 14, 2017
[Beginning of recorded material]
Rick Rosner: John Maynard Keynes said that during the great depression, when somebody must’ve asked him what’s the best long term solution. And he was saying, f- long term solutions. We need to do something about now.
And the deal is, we’re perishable. We are flowers that bloom for a day and then die. We’re done in, even though our life spans are longer, now by, you know, 20 years or so than they were when Maynard Keynes said in the long term we’re all dead—in the long run we’re all dead.
We’re still all dead eventually and pretty quickly. I’ve been helping my mother in law move into her senior living community. You know, where the average age is, mid 80s. And I’m mid to late 50s now, but we do not have much time.
[End of recorded material]
American Television Writer
Scott Douglas Jacobsen
Editor-in-Chief, In-Sight Publishing
 Four format points for the session article:
- Bold text following “Scott Douglas Jacobsen:” or “Jacobsen:” is Scott Douglas Jacobsen & non-bold text following “Rick Rosner:” or “Rosner:” is Rick Rosner.
- Session article conducted, transcribed, edited, formatted, and published by Scott.
- Footnotes & in-text citations in the interview & references after the interview.
- This session article has been edited for clarity and readability.
For further information on the formatting guidelines incorporated into this document, please see the following documents:
- American Psychological Association. (2010). Citation Guide: APA. Retrieved from http://www.lib.sfu.ca/system/files/28281/APA6CitationGuideSFUv3.pdf.
- Humble, A. (n.d.). Guide to Transcribing. Retrieved from http://www.msvu.ca/site/media/msvu/Transcription%20Guide.pdf.
License and Copyright
In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal by Scott Douglas Jacobsen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at www.in-sightjournal.com and www.rickrosner.org.
© Scott Douglas Jacobsen, Rick Rosner, and In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal 2012-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Scott Douglas Jacobsen, Rick Rosner, and In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.