Ask A Genius 299 – Edenbargain (1)
September 23, 2017
[Beginning of recorded material]
Scott Douglas Jacobsen: We talked about the Edenbargain, what do you mean by that?
Rick Rosner: I don’t know if anybody else has ever used the term. I kind of made it up, because I think our current situation has parallels with the Garden of Eden. Where, you know, God set a place for humans at his table. And said all you have to do is to have paradise is not to acquire knowledge. And you know, things were nice there. There was, I think even, I don’t think you know, I think according to the Bible, people in the Garden of Eden, Adam and Eve hadn’t succumbed to the snake’s knowledge, they might have had immortality you know. They had no shame, they could walk around naked and nobody was freaked out. They had all of the fruits of paradise except for apples I guess. But anyway, they had it nice, and all they had to do to keep was to stay dumb, but they didn’t. So, they got kicked out of the Garden of Eden.
[End of recorded material]
American Television Writer
Scott Douglas Jacobsen
Editor-in-Chief, In-Sight Publishing
 Four format points for the session article:
- Bold text following “Scott Douglas Jacobsen:” or “Jacobsen:” is Scott Douglas Jacobsen & non-bold text following “Rick Rosner:” or “Rosner:” is Rick Rosner.
- Session article conducted, transcribed, edited, formatted, and published by Scott.
- Footnotes & in-text citations in the interview & references after the interview.
- This session article has been edited for clarity and readability.
For further information on the formatting guidelines incorporated into this document, please see the following documents:
- American Psychological Association. (2010). Citation Guide: APA. Retrieved from http://www.lib.sfu.ca/system/files/28281/APA6CitationGuideSFUv3.pdf.
- Humble, A. (n.d.). Guide to Transcribing. Retrieved from http://www.msvu.ca/site/media/msvu/Transcription%20Guide.pdf.
License and Copyright
In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal by Scott Douglas Jacobsen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at www.in-sightjournal.com and www.rickrosner.org.
© Scott Douglas Jacobsen, Rick Rosner, and In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal 2012-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Scott Douglas Jacobsen, Rick Rosner, and In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.