Ask A Genius 561 – Legally Binding (2)
March 10, 2019
[Beginning of recorded material]
Scott Douglas Jacobsen: What else?
Rick Rosner: Everything is up in the air. There was a story about how Trump’s failures include the federal deficit exploding because of the tax cut for rich people. Many people are paying more for taxes, including those who voted for Trump.
One report said 11 million Americans will lose $323 billion in tax deductions this tax season, which is almost $33,000 per taxpayer. The tariffs are messing with the economy. They failed to get concessions from North Korea, which is beginning to build its ICBM facility.
Nothing happening with the wall. Nothing happening with infrastructure. Trump has done little in real terms for all Americans, except for the super rich, including those who voted for him.
Some things are doing well. The stock market is hanging in there. Unemployment has been low. But these things continue trends that ran for 6 years at least under Obama.
Trump has pretty successful against ISIS, but not as successful as he claims by relaxing the rules of engagement that has led to more civilian deaths and deaths among ISIS fighters.
Mostly, his record has been pretty dismal. But he is a better president than he is a human being.
[End of recorded material]
American Television Writer
Scott Douglas Jacobsen
Editor-in-Chief, In-Sight Publishing
 Four format points for the session article:
- Bold text following “Scott Douglas Jacobsen:” or “Jacobsen:” is Scott Douglas Jacobsen & non-bold text following “Rick Rosner:” or “Rosner:” is Rick Rosner.
- Session article conducted, transcribed, edited, formatted, and published by Scott.
- Footnotes & in-text citations in the interview & references after the interview.
- This session article has been edited for clarity and readability.
For further information on the formatting guidelines incorporated into this document, please see the following documents:
- American Psychological Association. (2010). Citation Guide: APA. Retrieved from http://www.lib.sfu.ca/system/files/28281/APA6CitationGuideSFUv3.pdf.
- Humble, A. (n.d.). Guide to Transcribing. Retrieved from http://www.msvu.ca/site/media/msvu/Transcription%20Guide.pdf.
License and Copyright
In-Sight Publishing by Scott Douglas Jacobsen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at www.in-sightjournal.com and www.rickrosner.org.
© Scott Douglas Jacobsen, Rick Rosner, and In-Sight Publishing 2012-2019. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Scott Douglas Jacobsen, Rick Rosner, and In-Sight Publishing with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.