Ask A Genius 542 – Addendum to the AAG 541, The Air-ow of Mimes: In-Action in Action
April 30, 2020
[Beginning of recorded material]
Rick Rosner: The Spanish Flu pandemic, where Republicans are also going crazy, saying that it is wrecking, saying that the shutdown, the lockdown, or stay at home is wrecking the economy, we have to open up.
When you look back in 1918, 1919, when they opened up again after a summer that gave up something of a respite a little bit, it meant a second wave that was about as bad as the first.
Maybe the second wave wasn’t as bad as the first with the Spanish Flu, but it was worse. That’s with one of the pandemics. One of the other two big pandemics of either 1957 or the Hong Kong flu of 1968-69; we opened back up and just got hammered.
So we’re set up to have that happen again, particularly in the Trumpy southeastern states, the old Confederacy, where there is Georgia and Florida opening up probably faster than they should. All right. That’s it.
[End of recorded material]
American Television Writer
Scott Douglas Jacobsen
Founder, In-Sight Publishing
 Four format points for the session article:
- Bold text following “Scott Douglas Jacobsen:” or “Jacobsen:” is Scott Douglas Jacobsen & non-bold text following “Rick Rosner:” or “Rosner:” is Rick Rosner.
- Session article conducted, transcribed, edited, formatted, and published by Scott.
- Footnotes & in-text citations in the interview & references after the interview.
- This session article has been edited for clarity and readability.
For further information on the formatting guidelines incorporated into this document, please see the following documents:
- American Psychological Association. (2010). Citation Guide: APA. Retrieved from http://www.lib.sfu.ca/system/files/28281/APA6CitationGuideSFUv3.pdf.
- Humble, A. (n.d.). Guide to Transcribing. Retrieved from http://www.msvu.ca/site/media/msvu/Transcription%20Guide.pdf.
License and Copyright
In-Sight Publishing by Scott Douglas Jacobsen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. Based on a work at www.in-sightjournal.com and www.rickrosner.org.
© Scott Douglas Jacobsen, Rick Rosner, and In-Sight Publishing 2012-2020. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Scott Douglas Jacobsen, Rick Rosner, and In-Sight Publishing with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.