Ask A Genius 218 – The Blob, Blobs, and National and Religious Firewalls
Scott Douglas Jacobsen & Rick Rosner
July 4, 2017
[Beginning of recorded material]
Rick Rosner: Islam is still a force, powerful force, in the world that’s kept people afraid. I am skeptical of what has become of the western world 250 years from now and so that there may be like an Islam bloc. One that’s kind of firewalled off from the rest of the planets’ infrastructure, or there could be nationalistic blocs with each fire walled off philosophically.
Then you’ll have this planet-wide infrastructure with a lot of fluid communication possible among the different parts of the infrastructure. It’ll be the most complicated machine entity in history. But you may have for a variety of reasons philosophical, political, divisions or firewalls or whatever, though the year 2261 equivalent of a firewall may have protections in place.
I mean this thing or these things will function as willed entities, which will not be free from conflict. You could have easily imagine that a couple of these blocs could be squaring off.
[End of recorded material]
American Television Writer
Scott Douglas Jacobsen
Editor-in-Chief, In-Sight Publishing
 Four format points for the session article:
- Bold text following “Scott Douglas Jacobsen:” or “Jacobsen:” is Scott Douglas Jacobsen & non-bold text following “Rick Rosner:” or “Rosner:” is Rick Rosner.
- Session article conducted, transcribed, edited, formatted, and published by Scott.
- Footnotes & in-text citations in the interview & references after the interview.
- This session article has been edited for clarity and readability.
For further information on the formatting guidelines incorporated into this document, please see the following documents:
- American Psychological Association. (2010). Citation Guide: APA. Retrieved from http://www.lib.sfu.ca/system/files/28281/APA6CitationGuideSFUv3.pdf.
- Humble, A. (n.d.). Guide to Transcribing. Retrieved from http://www.msvu.ca/site/media/msvu/Transcription%20Guide.pdf.
License and Copyright
In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal by Scott Douglas Jacobsen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at www.in-sightjournal.com and www.rickrosner.org.
© Scott Douglas Jacobsen, Rick Rosner, and In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal 2012-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Scott Douglas Jacobsen, Rick Rosner, and In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.