Ask A Genius 228 – Making War, Making Babies
Scott Douglas Jacobsen & Rick Rosner
July 14, 2017
[Beginning of recorded material]
Rick Rosner: So, you have a generation, the main old people now, were born, well they’re depression babies, they were born in the late 20’s are really old now, and you have the people born in the 1930’s just before the boomers. And those people will get to live on average into their, probably early 90’s. Which means a lot of them will leave into the 2020’s and some of them may make it to 2030.
And then you have the boomers. The boomers have been changing the face of aging just by demographic force. Boomers were born from ‘45 through ’64. Of course, they’re a bigger presence in the U.S. Because the term largely applies to the U.S., but applies to the rest of the world too because the rest of world, World War II ended in ’45, and so people stopped killing each other and started making babies.
[End of recorded material]
American Television Writer
Scott Douglas Jacobsen
Editor-in-Chief, In-Sight Publishing
 Four format points for the session article:
- Bold text following “Scott Douglas Jacobsen:” or “Jacobsen:” is Scott Douglas Jacobsen & non-bold text following “Rick Rosner:” or “Rosner:” is Rick Rosner.
- Session article conducted, transcribed, edited, formatted, and published by Scott.
- Footnotes & in-text citations in the interview & references after the interview.
- This session article has been edited for clarity and readability.
For further information on the formatting guidelines incorporated into this document, please see the following documents:
- American Psychological Association. (2010). Citation Guide: APA. Retrieved from http://www.lib.sfu.ca/system/files/28281/APA6CitationGuideSFUv3.pdf.
- Humble, A. (n.d.). Guide to Transcribing. Retrieved from http://www.msvu.ca/site/media/msvu/Transcription%20Guide.pdf.
License and Copyright
In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal by Scott Douglas Jacobsen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at www.in-sightjournal.com and www.rickrosner.org.
© Scott Douglas Jacobsen, Rick Rosner, and In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal 2012-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Scott Douglas Jacobsen, Rick Rosner, and In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.