The Future of… 11 – 7 of 9
Scott Douglas Jacobsen & Rick Rosner
July 15, 2017
[Beginning of recorded material]
Scott Douglas Jacobsen: People will probably be modified in sleek ways with their minds and bodies modified without necessary external and obvious representation, like the Borg, for instance. It won’t be 7 of 9.
Rick Rosner: We send people into deep-ish space, into interstellar space. If they have human forms, it will just be out of sentimentality, or the feeling that we need to maintain some humanity rather than—because that is going to be the aesthetic choice because humans are somehow the best thing to send into space.
We will send people via packages, but those packages will do more than humans do, even partially. Also, there is a lot of science fiction that has slight difference between the ship and the crew. There may be a situation where the ship is the crew.
[End of recorded material]
American Television Writer
Scott Douglas Jacobsen
Editor-in-Chief, In-Sight Publishing
 Four format points for the session article:
- Bold text following “Scott Douglas Jacobsen:” or “Jacobsen:” is Scott Douglas Jacobsen & non-bold text following “Rick Rosner:” or “Rosner:” is Rick Rosner.
- Session article conducted, transcribed, edited, formatted, and published by Scott.
- Footnotes & in-text citations in the interview & references after the interview.
- This session article has been edited for clarity and readability.
For further information on the formatting guidelines incorporated into this document, please see the following documents:
- American Psychological Association. (2010). Citation Guide: APA. Retrieved from http://www.lib.sfu.ca/system/files/28281/APA6CitationGuideSFUv3.pdf.
- Humble, A. (n.d.). Guide to Transcribing. Retrieved from http://www.msvu.ca/site/media/msvu/Transcription%20Guide.pdf.
License and Copyright
In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal by Scott Douglas Jacobsen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at www.in-sightjournal.com and www.rickrosner.org.
© Scott Douglas Jacobsen, Rick Rosner, and In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal 2012-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Scott Douglas Jacobsen, Rick Rosner, and In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.