Ask A Genius 235 – Metformin (1)
Scott Douglas Jacobsen & Rick Rosner
July 21, 2017
[Beginning of recorded material]
Rick Rosner: Alright, one more thing. Eventually, say once you get out of the 21st century medicine and technology becomes so good that at least for the have’s – age is pretty much irradiated. That everybody grows up with treatments that allow them to hold onto youth indefinitely if that’s what they want.
There will be some obstinate jerks who insist on aging naturally, but after 2100, you won’t necessarily be able to tell the difference between somebody born in, I don’t know, 2040 from somebody born in 2080. Somebody born in 2100, if you are born in 2040 you may benefit, there may be, you may start engaging in youth preservation as early as your teens.
For instance, metformin is this diabetes drug that gets prescribed to about 80 million prescriptions for metformin are written every year just in America. Metformin is a drug that regulates blood sugar and helps you use insulin more efficiently.
[End of recorded material]
American Television Writer
Scott Douglas Jacobsen
Editor-in-Chief, In-Sight Publishing
 Four format points for the session article:
- Bold text following “Scott Douglas Jacobsen:” or “Jacobsen:” is Scott Douglas Jacobsen & non-bold text following “Rick Rosner:” or “Rosner:” is Rick Rosner.
- Session article conducted, transcribed, edited, formatted, and published by Scott.
- Footnotes & in-text citations in the interview & references after the interview.
- This session article has been edited for clarity and readability.
For further information on the formatting guidelines incorporated into this document, please see the following documents:
- American Psychological Association. (2010). Citation Guide: APA. Retrieved from http://www.lib.sfu.ca/system/files/28281/APA6CitationGuideSFUv3.pdf.
- Humble, A. (n.d.). Guide to Transcribing. Retrieved from http://www.msvu.ca/site/media/msvu/Transcription%20Guide.pdf.
License and Copyright
In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal by Scott Douglas Jacobsen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at www.in-sightjournal.com and www.rickrosner.org.
© Scott Douglas Jacobsen, Rick Rosner, and In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal 2012-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Scott Douglas Jacobsen, Rick Rosner, and In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.