Ask A Genius 238 – Metformin (4)
Scott Douglas Jacobsen & Rick Rosner
July 24, 2017
[Beginning of recorded material]
Rick Rosner: And then there will be a zillion psychological implications of the end of aging. But those will all get messed-in with other social factors that are going on, because most people who may be 80 and look like they are in their 30’s will also have a lot of other technology to be plugged into other people.
You know there will be people, they will be infested with AI, so you can’t just talk about a world in which nobody looks old, because it won’t be like the Star Trek World that you see when, sometimes in the Star Trek movies they return to Earth and it is just people walking around and everybody looks young and pretty and they wearing a-symmetric clothes, and there’s big plazas with big architecture.
And that’s going to be a full picture of the year 2300, because people won’t be the highest form of life. It will be augmented people and other manifestations of AI. So, it becomes pretty hard to predict what the world will look at by 2100 or 2130.
Alright, that’s enough of that.
[End of recorded material]
American Television Writer
Scott Douglas Jacobsen
Editor-in-Chief, In-Sight Publishing
 Four format points for the session article:
- Bold text following “Scott Douglas Jacobsen:” or “Jacobsen:” is Scott Douglas Jacobsen & non-bold text following “Rick Rosner:” or “Rosner:” is Rick Rosner.
- Session article conducted, transcribed, edited, formatted, and published by Scott.
- Footnotes & in-text citations in the interview & references after the interview.
- This session article has been edited for clarity and readability.
For further information on the formatting guidelines incorporated into this document, please see the following documents:
- American Psychological Association. (2010). Citation Guide: APA. Retrieved from http://www.lib.sfu.ca/system/files/28281/APA6CitationGuideSFUv3.pdf.
- Humble, A. (n.d.). Guide to Transcribing. Retrieved from http://www.msvu.ca/site/media/msvu/Transcription%20Guide.pdf.
License and Copyright
In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal by Scott Douglas Jacobsen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at www.in-sightjournal.com and www.rickrosner.org.
© Scott Douglas Jacobsen, Rick Rosner, and In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal 2012-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Scott Douglas Jacobsen, Rick Rosner, and In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.