Ask A Genius 243 – Goofy Ideas
Scott Douglas Jacobsen & Rick Rosner
July 29, 2017
[Beginning of recorded material]
Jacobsen: Oh yeah. On the Betts listing, you would be number two, because he is number one.
Rosner: Well, everything has to start with how goofy the idea is that you can write about that way.
Scott Douglas Jacobsen: Okay. So, what is your preface to the question on competing for smarts?
Rick Rosner: I benefited from the ranking, but you have similar problems as to as when you ask, and worse problems are when you ask who is the world’s strongest man. There are lots of different indices of strength.
And, any kind of measuring tool is sort of the arbitrary in whatever tasks picks or emphasizes. I can tell you that at the highest measured IQ of anybody who has ever written jokes for TV…
[End of recorded material]
American Television Writer
Scott Douglas Jacobsen
Editor-in-Chief, In-Sight Publishing
 Four format points for the session article:
- Bold text following “Scott Douglas Jacobsen:” or “Jacobsen:” is Scott Douglas Jacobsen & non-bold text following “Rick Rosner:” or “Rosner:” is Rick Rosner.
- Session article conducted, transcribed, edited, formatted, and published by Scott.
- Footnotes & in-text citations in the interview & references after the interview.
- This session article has been edited for clarity and readability.
For further information on the formatting guidelines incorporated into this document, please see the following documents:
- American Psychological Association. (2010). Citation Guide: APA. Retrieved from http://www.lib.sfu.ca/system/files/28281/APA6CitationGuideSFUv3.pdf.
- Humble, A. (n.d.). Guide to Transcribing. Retrieved from http://www.msvu.ca/site/media/msvu/Transcription%20Guide.pdf.
License and Copyright
In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal by Scott Douglas Jacobsen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at www.in-sightjournal.com and www.rickrosner.org.
© Scott Douglas Jacobsen, Rick Rosner, and In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal 2012-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Scott Douglas Jacobsen, Rick Rosner, and In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.