Ask A Genius 289 – Apocalypse Now, For You (4)
September 13, 2017
[Beginning of recorded material]
Scott Douglas Jacobsen: But most people won’t be ready and are not and will not be willing to be ready for rapid change.
Rick Rosner: What people can do, faced with the future people can do what they’ve always done, which is die, everybody has died up to now. Now that the future offers some people the chance not to go longer and longer without dying but when faced with disruption, people who have done what else can you do? You could feel confused, you can get older and older or get killed by the disruption. If you don’t get killed by the disruption, you still just get older and older until you die. And so I mean and then things will proceed you know generations pass away and new generations have a different set of living conditions that they get used to, but it seems reasonable to fight confusion, to fight, to get ready for disruption, to get ready to embrace opportunities not to die, by anticipating the future. That’s it.
[End of recorded material]
American Television Writer
Scott Douglas Jacobsen
Editor-in-Chief, In-Sight Publishing
 Four format points for the session article:
- Bold text following “Scott Douglas Jacobsen:” or “Jacobsen:” is Scott Douglas Jacobsen & non-bold text following “Rick Rosner:” or “Rosner:” is Rick Rosner.
- Session article conducted, transcribed, edited, formatted, and published by Scott.
- Footnotes & in-text citations in the interview & references after the interview.
- This session article has been edited for clarity and readability.
For further information on the formatting guidelines incorporated into this document, please see the following documents:
- American Psychological Association. (2010). Citation Guide: APA. Retrieved from http://www.lib.sfu.ca/system/files/28281/APA6CitationGuideSFUv3.pdf.
- Humble, A. (n.d.). Guide to Transcribing. Retrieved from http://www.msvu.ca/site/media/msvu/Transcription%20Guide.pdf.
License and Copyright
In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal by Scott Douglas Jacobsen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at www.in-sightjournal.com and www.rickrosner.org.
© Scott Douglas Jacobsen, Rick Rosner, and In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal 2012-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Scott Douglas Jacobsen, Rick Rosner, and In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.